Coachman® Garage Doors – The Look Of Wood, Versatility Of Steel
The four series of Coachman garage doors from Clopay efficiently blend the charm of wood and the practicality of steel garage doors. Each door is crafted from multiple layers of durable, low-maintenance steel and insulation. Each is topped by a wood grain textured composite overlay. When you want to add an old-fashioned, swing-out garage door look to your Madison WI home, Coachman doors are the answer.
The Coachman collection is available in four different variations. Each includes basic design features:
- Four factory-applied paint and overlay colors – mix overlay and base colors and your can create custom finishes.
- A variety of window glass options – clear, seeded, rain, obscure, frosted and insulated.
- Clip-in window grilles – easy to remove for cleaning.
- Standard spade lift handles and step plates – custom decorative hardware options are available.
Each of the four Coachman garage doors series features the same construction strengths, including:
- Steel carriage house style doors with four distinct layers of construction.
- Insulation options include 2-inch “Intellicore® polyurethane, 2-inch polystyrene or 1 3/8-inch polystyrene. R-value ranges from 6.5 to 18.4.
- Steel skins protected by a hot-dipped galvanized steel layer with a baked-on primer and top coat.
In addition, each is available with Clopay’s Windcore® garage door reinforcement system for high wind load situations.
The bottom edge vinyl weather seals on each door are replaceable. They feature corrosion-resistant aluminum retainers to protect against the elements.
Coachman Garage Doors – High-tech Comfort
The Clopay motto for its Coachman garage doors is: Warmer, quieter, stronger. Its Intellicore insulation technology revolves around an exclusive polyurethane foam injected into the garage door. It expands to fill the entire steel structure. The dense insulation not only provides significant r-value, it results in a stouter, quieter door.
Warmer – protecting your garage and home from Wisconsin’s extreme swings in temperature. Insulated garage doors keep your home warmer in winter and cooler in summer.
Quieter – the dense, sound-absorbing foam not only makes the garage door’s operation quieter, it filters out external noises, too. The recorded sound from a standard non-insulated garage door commonly comes in at about 96 decibels. An Intellicore door is only 80 decibels. Is a difference of 16 decibels really that big of a deal? For sure! Decibels don’t relate one-to-one. The result actually shows the insulation makes the Intellicore doors appear to your ear as 3-times quieter.
Strength – using the Intellicore system garage door sections test out to be nearly twice as strong as polystyrene insulated sections of the same thickness. Making the door more rigid helps it stand up to daily wear, too.
The doors’ composite overlays and base steel come in standard colors of White, Almond, Desert Tan and Sandstone. Mixed and used in combination they create custom looks. They feature the “look of wood and the ease of steel,” according to designers.
Carriage-style Doors – Series One To Four
Standard Clopay Coachman doors come in four different carriage house design editions and 15 different door models. Sizes range from 6 feet to 16 feet wide. They are easily customized to fit because of their unique 3-inch panel structure. Each series has its own, distinctive benefits, including:
- Series One – showcasing sophisticated simplicity in design. Providing an elegant look to architectural styles like Mission, Shaker and Prairie. Available with rectangular, square and arched windows of a solid top.
- Series Two – created to promote the popular “country flair” with full- and half-crossbuck panels accompanied by square, rectangular or arched windows.
- Series Three – ideal for today’s Country French and Victorian homes styles these fully-enclosed door provide maximum privacy. Crossbuck panels are available as accents with square or arched-top sections.
- Series Four – a version of the Coachman lineup specifically popular for its clean, contemporary lines. It features simple, good-looking horizontal lines that allow the garage door to blend well with the overall architecture of the house. And, even though it blends well, it still stands out with its hallmark carriage house styling.
You want a garage door that is not only state-of-the-art when it comes to the latest technology, but looks great, too, right? With 15 different adaptations within the Coachman line, there’s a unique one just right for you.
Put Coachman Garage Doors On Your Home Virtually
It’s easy to look at pictures on line and in brochures, but can you really envision what something as massive as a garage door will look on your home? Thankfully, you have better options. The first is available from your anywhere. Clopay has a unique feature on its website that allows you to virtually put one of its doors on your own home. It’s not magic, but it’s close. Check out the Clopay Door Imagination System.
Your second option is really hands on. Northland Door Systems has the most complete garage door and garage door opener showroom in southern Wisconsin. A short drive to Sauk City, just north or Madison, will introduce you to all the best garage door and opener brands available. Selecting a new garage door is a significant decision. Why not take advantage of all the latest information at your fingertips?
When the time is right, Northland Door Systems’ factory-trained, experienced technicians will make sure your new door and door opener is installed right. You can rely upon our people and our products. We represent only high quality garage door brands and the most advanced garage door opening systems in southern Wisconsin. When you need a new garage door or opener take advantage of our extensive service area and decades of experience. Call or email Northland Door Systems at 608-251-3627 and let us introduce you to the selection of Coachman garage doors to highlight your Madison WI home.