The addition of full-coverage retractable garage door screens transforms your garage from a place to park into custom indoor/outdoor living space. More and more people in Madison WI and around the country are expanding their living area into the garage. The garage door is the No. 1 point of entry for most families and the garage is more than a storage unit.
Do you use the space as a workshop? Or have you created a workout space to take advantage of fresh air – and move noise and equipment away from the house?
Not long ago if you wanted a screen across the opening to your garage it was a permanent installation. Not today. Today’s modern screens are retractable, just like your garage door.
Modern Screens For Garage Doors
Why invest in a full-sized screen door for your garage? There are some significant benefits, including:
- Expanding living space – a garage open to the outside isn’t as inviting (except to bugs and other unwanted guests) as a screened enclosure. Installing a screen door allows for air flow, ventilation and natural light while filtering out bugs. The garage becomes a more comfortable “hangout.”
- Insect control – when people say the mosquito is Wisconsin’s state bird they are kidding (mostly). But it certainly ranks as one of the state’s biggest pests. Along with flies, gnats, wasps and hornets it is a significant problem in and around a garage. Keeping them out with a large, solid barrier is a plus.
- Securing the space – in the heat of summer, it’s nice to leave the garage door open to vent as much warm air as possible. Unfortunately, an open garage door is an invitation to thieves. A garage door screen door makes it hard for anyone who doesn’t belong there to enter without making noise and attracting attention.
- Improve home AC performance – heat from inside the garage transfers to the home through adjoining walls, doors, etc. Keeping the garage cooler and improving air flow slows the transfer.
- Cleaner space – when you leave the garage door open dirt, leaves and wind-blown debris find a way to get in. A screen door keeps out these unwanted pests, too.
Motorized Garage Door Screens
Today’s modern screen doors are robust, solidly-built and durable. The motorized MagnaTrack system from Progressive Screens raises and lowers via remotes and smart phone technology. It operates in the tracks of a standard garage door. Specialty magnets allow the door to float in the tracks and easily feed without hang-ups. The magnets also hold the screen tight when the door is in place. The extruded door frames resists rust and hold tight to eliminate sagging screen materials. Screen doors come in sizes to fit up to 30 feet wide by 24 feet tall. The rugged screen designs protect while holding up to collisions with furniture, pets and people.
The system offers three different fully-programmable motors activated by remote control. – with options to be activated via smart phone with WiFi connections.
Like standard garage doors, the screen doors have obstacle protection sensor. Sensors respond if the door hits something or if high winds are detected.
Versatile Option For Residential And Commercial Use
A full-coverage screen motorized screen door for your garage opens up possibilities for many uses. Making the garage space valuable at home or for a business.
The latest editions of the Magnatrack system include a “Defender” storm version. The latest screen systems not only keep bugs at bay, they fend off high winds, add security and block UV rays. Some are hurricane-rated to reduce the impact of flying debris
Future developments are targeting sound dampening enhancements. The unique and versatile doors are designed to protect your life and benefit your lifestyle.
To review all the options for screens on porches and unique spaces as well as garage doors, call or email Northland Door Systems at 608-251-3627. With years of garage door installation and service experience, we’ll custom fit a system of garage door screens that’s perfect for your Madison WI home.