Progressive Wisconsin businesses are fending off cold temperatures with insulated rolling doors for loading locks and garages. Roll up doors with the added benefit of insulation keep employees more comfortable and productive no matter what the Madison WI weather throws at them. While keeping out winter’s wind chill tops the list of concerns this time of year, insulation is equally important in the heat of July and August.
Modern rolling doors like Cornell’s Thermiser ® and Thermiser Max® are energy-efficient year around. They are factory- and field-tested to insure they maintain environmental separation on both sides of the door. Each features a full perimeter sealing system plus insulation curtains. The doors combine the versatility of roll up steel design with the insulating properties of foam. Even with insulation the doors store compactly when open and move effortlessly. Cornell trusts its engineering to the extent it provides a warranty covering each door for 50,000 up/down cycles.
Built to order, Thermiser Max doors cater to Green Building LEED certification. The design allows them to deliver up to 94% less air penetration compared to standard doors.
Keeping heat in and cold out is a worthy objective – or vice versa in summer – but it isn’t the only benefit of insulated doors. Keeping your surroundings comfortable while cutting energy costs at the same time is a great goal isn’t it?
Insulated Rolling Door Does More
When you have a lot of traffic coming and going from your facilities noise is always an issue. In a large distribution facility even when the doors remain closed noise penetrates when there’s a lot going on outside. Wouldn’t it be nice to shut out the traffic noise and exhaust? The same technology that seals the rolling doors to protect warm/cold air exchange provides a filtering of sorts for fumes.
The foamed-in-place insulation provides several additional benefits, including:
- Reducing noise from outside – the edge seals do a good job keeping outside traffic noise to a minimum. Insulation on door panels makes the overall unit thicker so sound doesn’t easily penetrate. Sound Transmission Class (STC) ratings on Cornell’s doors are up to 30 for standard doors. With additional options the rating increases to as high as 32. The basis for all testing are standard ASTM E90 criteria .
- Quiet operation – insulated commercial garage doors dampen sounds inside and outside of your business. In installations with many doors and/or where doors are going up and down frequently keeping noise to a minimum also contributes to staff performance. Noise contributes to worker fatigue.
- A healthier environment – maintaining a regulated interior temperature is a benefit to people and products. Stable temperatures protect goods and equipment. Factors especially important with delicate products and as more and more digital devices come into play.
Additional Roll Up Door Benefits
While insulation is all about keeping the elements out and temperatures in check, roll up doors provide benefits that are not weather related. They prove their worth in many ways, including:
- Rugged construction – made from heavy-duty materials and equipped with equally heavy-duty hardware rolling warehouse doors withstand the rigors of daily wear. They are durable. When a company guarantees its doors will go up/down 50,000 times without a problem do you think they’ve built them to last?
- Make the best use of space – fold-up doors need space above and on the ceiling for hardware and accessories. Roll up doors do not. When it opens a rolling door goes straight up and coils itself in a reasonably compact space. A particular benefit associated with the straight up action is the ability to provide better lighting to the adjacent work area – there’s no overhead garage door blocking the light.
- Low maintenance – insulation on rolling doors helps to protect mechanical components. Better protection from the elements means fewer repair/maintenance calls. The professionals at Northland Door Systems can create a maintenance plan customized to your company’s installations.
- Enhanced security – metal rolling dock doors are strong because their small panels and hardware are interwoven. The engineering technology that allows them to roll and compress smoothly works to make them very hard to penetrate, too.
Make The Most Of Insulated Rolling Door Technology
Because rolling garage doors are more technically sophisticated than traditional overhead loading dock doors, skilled installation is vital. Mechanical opening systems enhance every door’s operation. There are several versions available. The demands of your facility dictate which is ideal for you – Northern Door Systems is ready to provide advice and he benefit of its experience on that level, too.
In the final analysis adding an insulated version of these versatile doors makes sense on many levels:
One benefit that’s easily overlooked contributes to your company’s ability to make a good impression on customers and prospects. Rolling loading dock doors simply look good. Curb appeal is a factor in distribution and maintenance center construction as it is in residential neighborhoods. It’s an added benefit to get all the features contributing to your bottom line plus good looks giving your business a positive image, isn’t it?
Northland Door Systems applies the technology and training provided by manufactures like Cornell to every commercial door installation. Cornell is one of the elite garage door manufacturers providing training and high-tech solutions to businesses throughout southern Wisconsin. Northland Door Systems repairs, installs and stands behind the best commercial doors and loading dock/warehouse accessories. Take advantage of our wide service area and decades of experience. Call or email Northland Door Systems at 608-251-3627 when you need a new insulated rolling door and any other commercial service in the Madison WI area.
Rolling Service Doors – Northland Door Systems